PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

American Freedom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GUITARLAW

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: American Freedom Reply with quote

well, my wife and I spent our july fourth weekend packing up our household goods and putting most of them into storage.We packed her belongings and boxed it so that it can be shiped to her country..I think it is some how a perfect illustration of how inhumain and how little this government respects human rights and human dignity, the week of celebrating American freedom is in fact a week of another reminder that homeland security is no differant than fatherland security or motherland security,none of them believe in human rights....I understand most American people have no idea how inhumain this government is until they are themselves forced to deal with some government agency.. crimes aginst humanity are not something only done by other governments, our government here in America has comitted a crime aginst the humanity of my wife and myself and thus aginst humanity as a whole....july 4th a pretend celibration of freedom.....Michael
Generic Sobriquet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayhaps you could use one of those blog things, my man.
stratocasturbator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that emotion...I come to these user forums precisely because the subject matter is restricted to the topic at hand--I am NOT interested in the political views of those involved. since the recent multi-volume debate on "racial" issues, I've been seriously considering leaving this forum, especially if that sort of thing starts popping up regularly herein. the folks that set up this forum had a theme in mind--jazz guitar. not the sad-sack political rantings of anyone capable of filling out the free sign-up.

set up a blog, write your congressman, buy a box of kleenex, whatever...but do find the appropriate channel for your bellyache...this ain't it... Cool
voodobop

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stratocasturbator wrote:
I second that emotion...I come to these user forums precisely because the subject matter is restricted to the topic at hand--I am NOT interested in the political views of those involved. since the recent multi-volume debate on "racial" issues, I've been seriously considering leaving this forum, especially if that sort of thing starts popping up regularly herein. the folks that set up this forum had a theme in mind--jazz guitar. not the sad-sack political rantings of anyone capable of filling out the free sign-up.

set up a blog, write your congressman, buy a box of kleenex, whatever...but do find the appropriate channel for your bellyache...this ain't it... Cool

To a certain extent i might agree that a personal blog might be more appropriate for this sort of ultra-personal rant.. But as to your not wanting to read off topic discussion.. Hes posting in the hangout, chat & get to know section which is everything people might talk about besides jazz music or guitar. If your not interested in reading off topic conversations then dont click on the section that leads to hangout, chat & get to know.. simple as that.
GUITARLAW

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voodo, you are the man, and you are also a good man....strato does have a point,all of us come here to enjoy the joy of music and that is what this site is about..and if he had read my thank you to Gorecki he would know I will soon be gone...what some people fail to understand is that even though they are not yet effected by things going on that soon they will be and I hope they remember they were warned...the one thing I just learned about Gorecki is how much he values his family and to me family is everything...the fact that I shared what I am going through here was because I have grown to like many here . we are all effected by what happens and as things get worse we need to have family,mothers and fathers,wives and children, or some organization to help each other..this world has become small and what happens one place does effect another place more than many realize....so good luck and make good music....Michael
jazzerchick

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for me, I enjoy knowing a little about the fine folks that contribute to
this forum. Music and what happens in life are pretty intertwined most of
the time. And Guitarlaw has made quite an impressive number of responses
here, most probably about music in some way. So, I wish him the best
in the future and I hope he can stay on the forum.
GUITARLAW

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazzerchick, you are one I have always enjoyed,your posts are always worth reading....the reason I will be gone is because we are giveing up our home and the services will be gone...Homeland security/immigration has ordered us separated, at least they no longer use cattle cars they make us pay for transportaion..my wife and I have been married over four years and liveing together as man and wife,we have followed the law and filed all paperwork and payed all fees and fatherland security did aprove our paperwork for our marriage but they are forceing her to return to her country so new paperwork can be filed and then when she returns we will get the greencard...at my age of 58 each moment apart is a loss, the 3-5 years beyond my comprehension...they have already denied her the right to see her children for eight and a half years,this government does not know what the word human rights and human dignity means....in our four years together I can not tell you how many times I have awoken in the night to find her crying in her sleep,I hold her and she says she misses her children and then she sleeps and most mornings she does not even remember that she was crying,this women was a very respected teacher in her country, she did not come here as a begger but the things this government has forced us to do is beyond understanding unless you are there going through it..the good news is she will finnaly see her children and finnally hold her grand children, her two girls are really great and the kids are now entering first grade and they are unbelevable..well when she is safely with her family and homeland security can no longer hurt her I will tell this story to the American people and to people around the world, I want people to know the crime that this government has done aginst this human being....good luck and make great music....Michael
Generic Sobriquet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stratocasturbator wrote:
...the recent multi-volume debate on "racial" issues...

For the record, that particular thread should probably be split into another thread titled "9/11 conspiracy theories diatribe," as the subject of race only lasted a couple pages before that unusual digression (likewise for that "Political Banter" thread). Someone who only glanced at the title and saw 8 pages might not realise that and get the wrong impression.
GUITARLAW

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generic, I was hopeing I could say good by to you,your posts are always so insitefull and helpfull. you and others like you are the ones who use denial to take responsiblity for the actions of this government,your tax dollars are used to torture incent human beings ,your tax dollars are used to pay bountys on inocent humans turned in by someone who does not like them,your tax dollars supports a war where incent men women and children are killed and you denie responsiblity because you did not know for sure it was takeing place,people like you let the government use your tax dollars to buy their phone and internet records and say I have nothing to hide and then when homeland security reaches the power of the ss then you say I did not think it could happen here or what could I have done..well 1984 is here in liveing color and in real life and when your rights are taken from you it is because you failed to see what is really happening here and now......I wish you luck.........Michael
Generic Sobriquet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly, you've paid attention to very little I've posted on this site. You've taken one position of mine, thrown aside all others, and constructed a whole separate set of positions for me. "He doesn't believe in 9/11 conspiracy fantasies, therefore he must be a right-winger who blindly and enthusiastically supports this government, totally oblivious to what's going on," yadda yadda. Do you know what a straw man is? Get a grip, read back, make logical cognitive distinctions. Think before you rant. I'm tired of being lectured and misrepresented by you; you have no basis for it whatsoever.
stratocasturbator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GUITARLAW wrote:
you and others like you are the ones who use denial to take responsiblity for the actions of this government,your tax dollars are used to torture incent human beings ,your tax dollars are used to pay bountys on inocent humans turned in by someone who does not like them,your tax dollars supports a war where incent men women and children are killed and you denie responsiblity because you did not know for sure it was takeing place,people like you let the government use your tax dollars to buy their phone and internet records and say I have nothing to hide and then when homeland security reaches the power of the ss then you say I did not think it could happen here or what could I have done..well 1984 is here in liveing color and in real life and when your rights are taken from you it is because you failed to see what is really happening here and now......

...um, uh, as I was saying..... Shocked

perhaps someone could explain to me exactly what part of this involves a "hangout" or a "chat" or a "get to know".....

on the other hand, please, don't bother... (I'll just ask the CIA agents who are hiding in the bushes in my backyard) ... Cool
GUITARLAW

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strato, humor does help...well it is the last day so thanks all for the music,as to if the economy will get worse or if the homeland security will become the new and improved ss that will be seem or not.the one thing that did surprise me is that no one thought that it was wrong for the government to denie a mother the right to see her children and family for over eight years or that a husband and wife could be forcefully separated for 3-5 years, it kind of opened my eyes to what people believe....well goog luck all.....Michael
nezumi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

such sadness......

take care, michael

i hope somehow it all works out for you and your family

n
Generic Sobriquet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one has stated that they're indifferent to your problem. However, I'm also not sure anyone is even clear on what it is, as your posts tend to be rather rambling and vague, albeit of a personal nature. I'm sure you have the benefit of the doubt regarding that and the sympathy of most if not everyone here. I'm not sure, however, what specific actions particular to your case you would have expected anyone to take, given again the vagueness and the fact that you didn't specifically ask anything of anyone. Perhaps you should have contacted various media outlets, the ACLU, or whatever other relevant legal organization (again, not knowing the specifics of the case), and still could. Beyond that, I don't know what to tell you except I hope it eventually works out in a way beneficent to you and your family.
cmr415

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Luck with everything, Stay strong, Never stop fighting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: