PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mimi Fox

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Other Training & Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlatFive

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Mimi Fox Reply with quote

I've just ordered this after seeing excerpts of the videos:
http://truefire.com/tftv/index.html?channel=anatomy&videofile=

Click on the Cm blues examples.
stratocasturbator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a copy of that a while back...it's cute...this tiny little mimi fox guitar teacher living on one's desktop...as I recall the software doesn't allow for much flexibility with the size of the video window...so she starts small and stays small. her tiny little hands can really play that tiny little guitar though...some good stuff there, but I guess I like my guitar teachers to be slightly larger than two inches tall.... Cool
FlatFive

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm not too bothered about watching her, although that can be interesting. I just like her style of presentation, her cool lines and chords. A lot of Kenny Burrell in her blues playing.
eleven7

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Mimi Fox Reply with quote

FlatFive wrote:
I've just ordered this after seeing excerpts of the videos:
http://truefire.com/tftv/index.html?channel=anatomy&videofile=

Click on the Cm blues examples.

looks like good stuff.
guitaradelic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: Jazz Anatomy Reply with quote

I have a copy and find it to be excellent, well presented and challenging. Probably one's perception of how good it is depends on where they are at with respect to their developement. Must be why I find everything to be so informative.
Killer Joe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks,

as I'm new to the forum, i found some interesting topics, maybe my imput is of value for the one or the other.

I own all Mimi Fox Truefire courses. All are very challenging, but also inspiring. My problem with Jazz Anatomy: no chords in the notation, which is a pain. I've contacted Truefire because of that, got no answer. I've contacted the management of Mimi and got a very friendly answer that they will talk about that with Truefire. They got no answer, too. So I tried it once again by myself and again got no answer. We talked about the issue in the Truefire-forum: no comment from Truefire. My verdict: I won't buy any Truefire products again. I feel sorry for the great artists putting hard work into the Truefire courses, but their behavior is not costumer friendly.

Cheers, Joe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Other Training & Tutorials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: