PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please welcome me to here

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DEMON



Joined: 16 Jan 2009
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:33 am    Post subject: Please welcome me to here Reply with quote

Hi everybody. I look forward to picking the brains of several of you jazz giants. I have always loved jazz, yet have a difficult time applying it in my playing.

I also am struggling with the avatar setting here. Hey mods, would ya mind increasing the allowed file size a wee bit to, say, visible to the naked human eye? Maybe 15K? KTHX

Nice to meet all of you.

DEMON
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jazzerchick



Joined: 31 Oct 2006
Posts: 968
Location: SanAntonio , Tx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, DEMON!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Gorecki
Site Admin


Joined: 06 Oct 2005
Posts: 62518
Location: Davis, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Please welcome me to here Reply with quote

DEMON wrote:

I also am struggling with the avatar setting here. Hey mods, would ya mind increasing the allowed file size a wee bit to, say, visible to the naked human eye? Maybe 15K? KTHX


FYI: File size does not mean image width & height.

The avatar upload ability is locked down. If you want to use a particular image, email it to me at gorecki@Playjazzguitar.com and I will post it for you. Wink
_________________

Forums Admin for PlayJazzGuitar.com.

Do you know where all of your F'n B flats are?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
M



Joined: 02 Jan 2009
Posts: 331
Location: Northern VA (USA)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Please welcome me to here Reply with quote

DEMON wrote:
Hi everybody. I look forward to picking the brains of several of you jazz giants. . .


Personally, I would never claim to be more than a jazz midget (er ... little person).

But, welcome, DEMON! (Is this an acronym for something, or are we just shouting your handle? Very Happy )
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Excel Player



Joined: 01 Dec 2008
Posts: 61
Location: Shelbyville, Kentucky

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, DEMON. You're not the only little person on the site. I've been little for years and I have a sneaking suspicion if I don't practice more, I'll stay that way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DEMON



Joined: 16 Jan 2009
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Please welcome me to here Reply with quote

Gorecki wrote:
DEMON wrote:

I also am struggling with the avatar setting here. Hey mods, would ya mind increasing the allowed file size a wee bit to, say, visible to the naked human eye? Maybe 15K? KTHX


FYI: File size does not mean image width & height.

The avatar upload ability is locked down. If you want to use a particular image, email it to me at gorecki@Playjazzguitar.com and I will post it for you. Wink


I appreciate that. I will find a suitable pic and send it.

My guess is some folks were uploading off-color stuff, thus forcing you to curtail this heinous act before someone's kids or co-workers saw it?

I have been in your shoes, kind sir. Mad respect to you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gorecki
Site Admin


Joined: 06 Oct 2005
Posts: 62518
Location: Davis, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Please welcome me to here Reply with quote

DEMON wrote:

My guess is some folks were uploading off-color stuff, thus forcing you to curtail this heinous act before someone's kids or co-workers saw it?


Actually, it allows a security hole when it works properly so I've made the avatar directories read only so we don't get hacked. Wink

BTW: ....welcome! Peace!
_________________

Forums Admin for PlayJazzGuitar.com.

Do you know where all of your F'n B flats are?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DEMON



Joined: 16 Jan 2009
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Please welcome me to here Reply with quote

Gorecki wrote:
DEMON wrote:

My guess is some folks were uploading off-color stuff, thus forcing you to curtail this heinous act before someone's kids or co-workers saw it?


Actually, it allows a security hole when it works properly so I've made the avatar directories read only so we don't get hacked. Wink

BTW: ....welcome! Peace!


Thanks for allowing me to have a DiMeola av on a jazz guitar forum Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gorecki
Site Admin


Joined: 06 Oct 2005
Posts: 62518
Location: Davis, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Please welcome me to here Reply with quote

DEMON wrote:

Thanks for allowing me to have a DiMeola av on a jazz guitar forum Laughing


no sweat. Thumbs Up!
_________________

Forums Admin for PlayJazzGuitar.com.

Do you know where all of your F'n B flats are?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
hanni



Joined: 01 Sep 2006
Posts: 660
Location: germany

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Demon

and welcome here, i dont post often at the moment, im struggeling a bit too in jazz at the moment and have a lot to do to come out of that, .....jazz is a never ending story to me, but much fun too
have fun at this place Very Happy
_________________
hanni
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Gorecki
Site Admin


Joined: 06 Oct 2005
Posts: 62518
Location: Davis, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanni wrote:
jazz is a never ending story to me


WOW, now those are some extremely true words!!! Thumbs Up!
_________________

Forums Admin for PlayJazzGuitar.com.

Do you know where all of your F'n B flats are?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DEMON



Joined: 16 Jan 2009
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am getting some good ideas here. Bit by bit, I will be jazz before my ninth birthday.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Generic Sobriquet



Joined: 03 Jul 2007
Posts: 804

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nine? Shocked
_________________
lll
ll
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jazzerchick



Joined: 31 Oct 2006
Posts: 968
Location: SanAntonio , Tx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh oh! nine?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DEMON



Joined: 16 Jan 2009
Posts: 13

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just seeing if you're all awake. Twisted Evil
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group