PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ahem....marijuana and jazz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> The Polling Place
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Marijuana: useful practice tool?
No, that's only for reggae musicians
80%
 80%  [ 21 ]
Maybe. i usually forget what i practiced the night before.
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Yes, i advocate ganja to fellow jazzers
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 26

jazzerchick

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Ed, How are you? Good I hope!
HomeyJay

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"How can a drug be a loser or an asshole? Do you mean people who use drugs are losers and assholes?. Is english your first language?Your statement sounds like an awfully ignorant and vague generalization.
I poor my heart out to a bunch of people who i used to chat with and a month and a half later this is what I get......ughhh......"

It's called a typo.
I was referring to drug users who get involved with drugs today.

What people are smoking today bears no relation to what we used to smoke when we were college kids. Todays weed is around 30X stronger, saturated with addictive narcotic chemical and is responsible for schizophrenia, paranoia and many other health problems. This has been widely pubicised but still people take it and say it "non addictive" and "just a bit of fun".
What we used to smoke occasionally as kids wasn't addictive and never caused damaged because it was weak. The problem is that those who kept smoking assuming that, were gradually introduced to stronger and stronger product and this is why people are suffering the way that they are today.

You can't blame these people but you can blame the pricks that start smoking this stuff today knowing these risks.

My statement most certainly does not "come out of ignorance and vague generalisation". I am VERY familiar with drugs, drugs users and the effects of drugs on our society. I deal with these in my volunteer work and in my professional capacity every single day, so I know what I'm talking about!

I think you mean "pour" not "poor".

/rant
ed norton

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazzerchick wrote:
Hey Ed, How are you? Good I hope!

yeah chillin, thanks for asking. Sobriety fits me well, I have had some big trials and I'm getting through it. I work hard and still play in the morning, enjoy it more than ever.

Other person: yeah "pour" not "poor", you got me. Still a drug can not be a loser or an asshole, but whatever
The weed in the 70's and 80's was actually stronger, I grew up in California and man it was strong. The chemicals I'm talking about in today's weed are the toxic chemicals that are used to grow and ship it. The stuff is total poison.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> The Polling Place All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: