PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free Modal Theory Exercises

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Other Training & Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you find ModalMusicTheory.com useful?
Yes - it's fun!
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
No - I don't like it.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Modal what, now?
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

pescj

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Free Modal Theory Exercises Reply with quote

Hello,

My name is Joe Pescatello and a few months ago I started studying modal theory. After I understood it conceptually I went looking for a tool to help me do some of the memorization work, like the 5-chord in G Mixolydian is D-7, etc, etc. When I couldn't find any useful exercises on the web I built a site that I believe fills that need. http://modalmusictheory.com/ has hundreds of exercises covering the seven primary modes in most keys. They come in two levels - introductory and advanced. There are also chord drills to help students memorize the notes in Maj7, Min7, Dom7 and 1/2 Dim chords in most keys.

The site is completely free and I'm posting it here because I thought the readers of the PJG forum might be able to use it. And if you're inclined to offer me any advice on how to improve it, I'd be honored to receive it.

Thanks much,
Joe P.
hanni

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i learned modes too, but it was not so clear how to use it..... and i switched back to my gipsy jazz things Confused maybe this is a help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Other Training & Tutorials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: