PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

crazy - the movie about hank garland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> The Jazz Guitar Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jazzy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: crazy - the movie about hank garland Reply with quote

Saw this movie last week. I really recommend it. A great movie about a fantastic guitar player!!!
Anyone else seen it?
greentone

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where'd you see it? I've been wanting to see this one. Was it playing at a cinema, or did you rent a dvd?
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, where? I've been waiting like three years for the thing?

Forums Admin for PlayJazzGuitar.com.

Do you know where all of your F'n B flats are?
Jazzy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I`ve also been waiting for a loooong time for this movie. I think you can order it on dvd from a lot of places, I ordered mine from Norway.
( But I think it`s way to difficult to get this film, sadly! ) Have you checked amazon.com and places like that?
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, just did some recon on this and finding all sorts of dynamics. First and foremost I can not find that the movie has 'officially' been released on DVD. Confused

Also the movie was pushed and promoted by Hank's brother and sister-in-law. Where Hank's direct descendants (his daughters) are not very happy with it and claim it is not accurately portrayed ("full of lies") and that his brother really wasn't there for most of it and is simply trying to gold mine Hank's legacy. Shocked

Some of this has even been hashed out publically:
http://recordmymind.com/blog/?p=593

I had no idea! Shocked

Jazzy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that link Gorecki, I`ll read it later. ( at work now ) Interesting.
I haven`t read/heard the story about Garland before, so I don`t if it`s accurately portrayed or not. ( the story is really tragic and sad )

I ordered the dvd from here:
http://www.platekompaniet.no/Film.aspx/DVD/Crazy/?id=N5700265
bejeeber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorecki wrote:
... Where Hank's direct descendants (his daughters) are not very happy with it and claim it is not accurately portrayed ("full of lies")......
Some of this has even been hashed out publically:
http://recordmymind.com/blog/?p=593

Oh man what a trainwreck - I'm inclined to believe Hank's daughters about the story being bogus, especially since the accusations/conspiracy theory stuff in the movie description are so outlandish.

I bet there are people who got sucked into participating in the making of this movie on the presumption that the story was true who are going to wish they never got involved with it. Shocked
hank_garland

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently you did not read the whole conversation of record my mind. If anything we are happy the truth is out. The movie is very accurate as Hank told his own story . We do not know how you can talk about a man that was shot off the road and given 77 electro shock treatments. The Producers went through thousands of documents they also had people on the inside of Nashville tell them the truth about what happened to Hank Garland. Yes it is sad that Hank wanted to be a great guitar player but something stood in his way and stole all of his money and career. You acutaully have the nerve to say that the people involved with making this movie would be sorry. They were more than happy to fight for Hank Garland's Story and set the record straight. No the truth is Nashville is sorry. We only hope they continue to live with their gold mine they stole of off of Hank Garland & his music.
The Hank Garland Family
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa...umm, what's your point?

You (whoever you are) come and wake up a thread that has been dead for over a year for what?

There are obviously dynamics associated to this whole thing but *we* had already put it to bed (hence the thread being dead for a year), but it's pretty clear you (whoever you are) obviously have not. Please don't bring those dynamics here!

and..
Quote:
Hank wanted to be a great guitar player but something stood in his way

Hate to inform you but Hank was a great guitar player! I'm not sure what you're referencing but I would have to say many experienced and qualified guitar players here and abroad would agree. If you believe what makes a great guitar player is making lots of money, well then it's clear what your motivations are.

And finally, please use a spell checker. It's difficult to take anyone seriously if they don't bother or care enough to even spell correctly.

sunflower

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hank was great ,,,,,,,,,

I recently heard an interview with Gary Burton who said
he got the idea of playing with gitar players came from he work with Hank

Anyone here play Sugarfoot rag ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> The Jazz Guitar Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: