PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

For Sale-- Epiphone Sorrento Silverflake 1996

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> The Gear Exchange
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alfonso

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: For Sale-- Epiphone Sorrento Silverflake 1996 Reply with quote

This is an early budget ax which is actually a copy of Gibson's ES-125T, I will try to post pics of both. I am asking $425.00 delivered anywhere in the USA only. I prefer money order but I will accept PalPal. On occasion you can see these on ebay going for a few hundred dollars and the silverflake or goldflake command a minimum of $100 more. In fact Iíve never seen a silverflake for sale on ebay. Iím not saying one has never been sold, but Iíve never come across the sale. I am the second owner of this guitar and I will provide all paperwork I have for it. It has 2xP90's which are known to deliver that clear round jazz tone wanted for blowing over standards or comping behind another player. This was my go to guitar directly behind my Gibson ES-140 and I have never played an Epi or any other guitar which has a better (Gibson like) neck. The necks on these Sorrentos are perfect due to the narrowness and allow great versatility when wanting to utilize finesse during improvisation or dealing with difficult grips or orchestral form chords known primarily in jazz guitar. This is a playersí guitar so if youíre looking for a guitar which has been polished and shown off for looks this isnít the guitar for you. You can play any style on this guitar and would automatically see and feel the benefits of playiní this babe.

On the downside I do not have an original guitar case for this guitar. When I bought the guitar it was sold only with a beat up gig bag. I do have a case that it will be shipped in and it works in a pinch but was originally made for a classical guitar. Also, just an FYI I will be taking this to professionals to have it shipped out, as they have all the necessary packing materials. I used to be a daily contributor on this forum but due to back pain my guitar playing has come to a standstill for the last couple of years or so. I live in Sacramento, CA if you want to pick-up here or take a look email me. If my pics don't come up, email me. Thank you thefathand@yahoo.com I forgot to mention, I have the pick guard and the machine heads have been changed to Grovers. The pick guard has been signed by Mimi Fox.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> The Gear Exchange All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: