PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FS: Guild Stuart A500 and Manhattan X175

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> The Gear Exchange
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rwmol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: FS: Guild Stuart A500 and Manhattan X175 Reply with quote

Hi Fellow Jazzers.

I am now offering both of my Guilds for sale. My new Gibson L5 CES Sunburst has been shipped and will arrive Saturday or Monday. I really hate to part with these guitars Crying or Very sad , but I would like them to go to someone who would really appreciate and care for them. At this point, they will only be offered on Let's Talk Guild and Play Jazz Guitar for a two week period. If not sold by then, I'll go to Ebay on a Buy It Now basis. If I don't sell the A500 by then, it will go to my daughter, stored with other family artifacts, forever lost to public view. I will continue the sale of the X175

A500: I have owned this guitar since it was new. Purchased it at the now defunct Leo's Music in Oakland, CA. Gigged up and down the South East and N. California. It has been played but is in great shape considering it's age. I recently had it appraised by George Gruhn. I had checked his appraisal against the Official Vintage Guitar Magazine and found his appraisal much higher. I talked to George about this and he said the prices in the magazine are based on sales of an equivalent instrument. If none have been sold for a great period of time their prices will be low. He was quite emphatic about his appraisal. The images from the link below are those sent for appraisal. The appraisal is included in the images and will be included with the guitar. The case is as old as the guitar. I'm not really sure if it's a Guild case. Sure looks like one. The locking latch is broken and some of the black material is worn down to the wood. Otherwise not bad. On a scale from 1-10. I'd rate it about a 5.

Price: $4750

X175: Bought this guitar about two years ago. It is truley a beautiful great sounding guitar. All original except for the Tune-A-Matic. The original Rosewood bridge is included. In excellent shape. A couple of nicks on the lower bout and two cracks on the upper neck binding. Otherwise perfect. I only have one image included in the link below. If you would like more, I would be happy to supply them. Original case. I'd rate it a 9 1/2.

Price: $1795

http://img801.imageshack.us/g/a500andx175.jpg/

I will ship to the US and Canada free. Anywhere else, is the buyers responsibilty.

If you have any question feel free to post them on the thread or message me.

Randy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> The Gear Exchange All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: