PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

it's late

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JakeJew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:56 am    Post subject: it's late Reply with quote

really should have gone to bed a long while ago

was just reading through some old threads and wanted to say - this forum is great.

I learn so much here, get turned on to so many good resources and other players. And it's all free, and there's barely ever any BS or attitude like most other forums and message boards.

I started posting here in 05. I took maybe a two year hiatus from playing jazz in between then and now, but still my playing and musicianship has improved dramatically.

Obviously that's due to my own practice, teachers, people I get to play with, etc but the forum has also played a huge role.

Thanks guys/gals

gnight
jazzerchick

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As well as you play, I can't imagine why you would have stopped for a while. Glad you got back into it.
JakeJew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jazzerchick wrote:
As well as you play, I can't imagine why you would have stopped for a while. Glad you got back into it.

Neurological/overuse issues that affected my hands, unfortunately. The first time it hit me I didn't have health insurance so I just said screw it and became a songwriter for a couple of years. Then I got sick of the songwriting thing and got health insurance and got better and now I can play a lot again. Things aren't problem-free, but pretty good in terms of guitar playing.
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate you're here Jake. There's been a lot if come and go and even come back. I'm glad you and others keep coming back. Cool

Forums Admin for PlayJazzGuitar.com.

Do you know where all of your F'n B flats are?
jazzerchick

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake, Oh yeah, I remember you were having trouble. Glad you're playing now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: