PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why the obsession with gear?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Guitars, Amps & Gizmos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jostein

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say bass-players, especially electric bassists are almost as bad as guitarists when it comes to gear. Drummers and their cymbals, saxophonists with their reeds and mouthpieces.... Even though new technology has allowed them to cut down a bit some pop-keyboardists still have tons of gear.
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jostein wrote:
Even though new technology has allowed them to cut down a bit some pop-keyboardists still have tons of gear.

Yeah, that's just typical poser "looky all my stuff" hanging on. Any real keyboard player has pretty much gone full soft-synth running off a single computer for quite a while now.

But, I got room to talk, I still have boat loads of *stuff*. Rolling Eyes

Laughing

Forums Admin for PlayJazzGuitar.com.

Do you know where all of your F'n B flats are?
gnappi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorecki wrote:
Jostein wrote:
Even though new technology has allowed them to cut down a bit some pop-keyboardists still have tons of gear.

Yeah, that's just typical poser "looky all my stuff" hanging on. Any real keyboard player has pretty much gone full soft-synth running off a single computer for quite a while now.

But, I got room to talk, I still have boat loads of *stuff*. Rolling Eyes

Laughing

I think lots of players also have a collector's bite in the butt, as we as thoughts of investment potential? I used to tell my (ex) wife that guitars always appreciate if you buy right... better than diamonds, which she claimed was a good investment.

I asked her how hard up we needed to be before we could sell her jewelry and she said LONG after "MY" investments were sold to pay the mortgage Smile

Nuff said Smile

Gary
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Guitars, Amps & Gizmos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: