PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Building Examples

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Chris Standring's "Jazz Guitar Video Masterclass"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
InducingPanic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Building Examples Reply with quote

I am wondering how the resit of you are using the examples under the building section.

For me, it is unlikely that I would ever play these full ascending or descending runs, so I have been spending a great deal of time breaking these runs down (playing the ascending descending and descending ascending) into smaller sections. Assuming Chris reads this forum, is this a good way to get the most out of the program? Or, is the idea just to get the sound of jazz lines in our ears in the beginning and we should wait to start breaking them down?
PlayJazzGuitar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: JGVM 1 Reply with quote

If you need to break the lines down so you can understand them more then that is exactly what you should do. I am simply giving you 'information' to use over the chords and you are free to change the phrases how you would like to use them.

And yes, part of the idea is to get the sound of good strong jazz lines in your head and how those lines can be used against different harmonies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Chris Standring's "Jazz Guitar Video Masterclass" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: