PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Guitars, Amps & Gizmos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gnappi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: This website Reply with quote

I'm a new member here, and have enjoyed reading the posts. I find the contributors less biased and less opinionated and less judgmental than I expect to see on other sites.

So... why so little activity lately?

Gary
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: This website Reply with quote

gnappi wrote:
I'm a new member here, and have enjoyed reading the posts. I find the contributors less biased and less opinionated and less judgmental than I expect to see on other sites.

So... why so little activity lately?

That's a good question. Other members could probably answer with a little more experience. I have been very low profile for quite a while. Too much life/work going on to even play.

Seems there are a couple of sources that are more active. Funny in the context you described this place because I think the opposite caused some people to basically run away. EVERY discussion group is going to have conflict sooner or later. We've had some. I generally allow this place to police itself (minus keeping spammers out) and expect people to behave maturely. It is Jazzers in general and not wanker shredder kiddies, but then again Jazzers can be a little postured too. Laughing

In anycase, there's lots of info here and still long time people pop their head in now and again. I suspect other groups just might have more to offer, really don't know honestly.

Forums Admin for PlayJazzGuitar.com.

Do you know where all of your F'n B flats are?
greentone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently, everybody's restringing their guitars with all the sets of strings they got for Christmas/Hanukkah, etc. Folks will be back.

Some of us older jazzers will have to wait until the blood sugar levels return to normal, after the holiday season. Wink

Hang in there gnappi. Your comments have been well received. I hope you are enjoying your new Herb Ellis PE-175. GREAT guitar.
greentone

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Hmm? I guess everyone has gone dormant Reply with quote

I said a few months ago that everyone was changing the strings on their guitars. Hmm? I guess, in reality, we've all gone on to other pursuits. This forum is going dormant...
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Hmm? I guess everyone has gone dormant Reply with quote

greentone wrote:
This forum is going dormant...

Again... Laughing

Forums Admin for PlayJazzGuitar.com.

Do you know where all of your F'n B flats are?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Guitars, Amps & Gizmos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: