PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which Pickups Would You Buy From This List For My Guitar?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Guitars, Amps & Gizmos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Set For My Hollowbody?
N>Gibson 57 Classic B>Gibson 57 Classic Plus
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Seymour Duncan Seth Lover Set
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
N>Seymour Duncan Seth Lover B>Seymour Duncan Phat Cat
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
TV Jones TV Classic Set
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
N>TV Jones SuperíTron B>TV Jones TV Classic
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Low Wind Lollar Imperial Set
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
N>Lollar Charlie Christian B>TV Classic or Phat Cat
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
N>Gibson 57 Classic B>TV Jones TV Classic
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
N>Seymour Duncan Seth Lover B>TV Jones TV Classic
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
N>Low Wind Lollar Imperial B>TV Jones TV Classic
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

ryevick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Which Pickups Would You Buy From This List For My Guitar? Reply with quote

Which of these pickup configurations would you buy for my Ibanez Artcore AF85TDG to get a warm rich jazz tone at the neck and a rockabilly twang at the bridge?

If you have a different suggestion please list it below.

greentone

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you dislike the twang of the stock pickup?

Although a little pricey, the TV Jones pickup is amazingly good sounding for twang (or just about anything else).

A set of Seth Lovers would be great sounding for just about any kind of music you would want to coax out of the guitar.
gnappi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: Which Pickups Would You Buy From This List For My Guitar Reply with quote

ryevick wrote:
Which of these pickup configurations would you buy for my Ibanez Artcore AF85TDG to get a warm rich jazz tone at the neck and a rockabilly twang at the bridge?

Hmmm... Ive just been looking at the AF125's. What is it about your pups that you don't like?

Gary
ryevick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people talk about how their sound improves after changing these ceramic pickups... I am thinking of doing the same even though it sounds great just to see what I can get out of it... the AF125 has much better pups... super 58s...
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Which Pickups Would You Buy From This List For My Guitar Reply with quote

gnappi wrote:
ryevick wrote:

Hmmm... Ive just been looking at the AF125's. What is it about your pups that you don't like?

Voted but frankly I basically have the same 85 w/o a trem and the stocker pickups really aren't bad. BUT, I too have changed out 'not bad' for 'holy crap' and not regretted it. Wink

Forums Admin for PlayJazzGuitar.com.

Do you know where all of your F'n B flats are?
gnappi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryevick wrote:
A lot of people talk about how their sound improves after changing these ceramic pickups... I am thinking of doing the same even though it sounds great just to see what I can get out of it... the AF125 has much better pups... super 58s...

I wound up getting an AF100, it was so cheap I couldn't justify the 125 so I'll see what if anything needs to be done. NP there, I have boxes of HB pups Smile

Gary
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Guitars, Amps & Gizmos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: