PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New guitar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Guitars, Amps & Gizmos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jazz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:19 am    Post subject: New guitar Reply with quote

Im looking for a new guitar but i am unsure of what to get. i earn about $60 dollars a week can you help me?
rocktojazz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was jobless last year, I bought an Ibanez Artcore series AF75BS. They are very cheap jazz archtops $299 in the US (maybe like around 500 ozzie dollars ?) and are made in China. For a first jazz guitar you wont go wrong. The strings they come with need to be removerd and thrown away as they are not jazz strings...more like something youd put on a strat. Slap on a set of flatwounds and you are on your way.

I can afford to buy a better one nowadays but I have to say I actually like the sound of the Ibanez so think I'll just hang on to it until my playing improves and I can justify an upgrade.

There are a few styles of archtop in the artcore range. The AF75 has a 16" body and is about 3" deep and a rounded venetian cutaway. Comes in brown or blue sunburst.

Like I say, its no ES-175 but it should see you by for a bit.

Check them out at www.ibanez.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Guitars, Amps & Gizmos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: