PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

bireli legrane...any comments?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> The Jazz Guitar Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fretboard

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: bireli legrane...any comments? Reply with quote

Surprised
I think this site should list Bireli lagrene as one of the greats, alongside matheny.
Wes Powell

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: bireli legrane...any comments? Reply with quote

fretboard wrote:
Surprised
I think this site should list Bireli lagrene as one of the greats, alongside matheny.

Absolutely.

-wp
bluenote908

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 5:02 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Yeah, he's incredible
Anton

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 8:42 am    Post subject: Bireli Lagrene Reply with quote

I only heard him playing Django Reinhard' stuff
I like his technique, but I think this not enough to be mentioned along with the greats
Music matters, not speedy exercices
randall

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Bireli... Reply with quote

I take it you're just winding is up to get a response. Listen carefully, and you'll hear this guy turn be-bop phrases inside out and then play some beautiful, soulful slow phrase that's so easy you wonder why you didn't think of it yourself. Don't get confused between genuius and fast - Bireli Lagrene proves they're not mutually exclusive. Listen again.
Anton

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:56 am    Post subject: Birelli Lagrene Reply with quote

Okay, I'm not saying I heard everything Lagrene did. But his 2001 CD Gipsy project is pretty usual manouche-style playing, even if it's beautiful and soulful.
Django Reinhard himself displayed great be-bop influences in his late records. Nothing similar in Lagrene's case

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new here. I just recently got Bireli's "Blue Eyes" CD, where he does some great renditions of tunes in a tribute to Sinatra. I think he can bop with the best of them. If you get a chance, listen to this CD.

Paul
marcoturco

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: bireli is terrific! Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Hi, I'm new here. I just recently got Bireli's "Blue Eyes" CD, where he does some great renditions of tunes in a tribute to Sinatra. I think he can bop with the best of them. If you get a chance, listen to this CD.

Paul

the album "blue eyes" is pretty old , i memorized that cd by heart , believe me im with you . the lines, the feeling, the swing are amazing.
the guy is so damn gifted , a natural. Soulful and intense. I found thru the years is more difficult to say a lot of things like he does with all the "things" he plays.They make all sense. He is very lyrical and plays ballads very well too. You can put his name in everybook about modern players and guitar.Trust me.

www.marcoturco.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> The Jazz Guitar Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: