PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

acoustic sounding pickups: Benedetto, Seymour Duncan???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> The Jazz Guitar Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluenote908

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: acoustic sounding pickups: Benedetto, Seymour Duncan??? Reply with quote

I was just wondering if anyone could offer some advice. I have an Ibanez lawsuit (full hollowbody), and I am looking for some way to get a reasonably acoustic tone for "Freddie Green" comping. I realize this is a tough one, but all I'm really looking for is a way to retain the acoustic character. As of this moment, I'm seriously looking at the Seymour twin soundspots pickup, which is basically a piezo pickup for archtop guitars, and I am also considering swapping out my neck p-u for a Benedetto B6. Does anyone have experience with either of these pickups? I'm sure the Benedetto will sound great, but I'm not so sure if it will be acoustic enough. Also, I'm really hesitant to put a piezo pickup in, I'm sure that would be useless for soloing. Maybe if someone could point me to some examples of players who use electric guitar for the style of playing I mentioned. Thanks in advance for any help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> The Jazz Guitar Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: