PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Political Views (remember hate never solves anything)...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hanni

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi alfonso and all, itīs old celtic music www.corvuscorax.de with celtic instruments, no jazz, old europeen traditional music, playing in england, north germany and bretagne (france) itīs hard to translate this, i think you know what venus vina musica means, the lyrics are an old celtic answer and political protest again conservative politic and people, Laughing now i must laugh, we donīt have only sauerkraut and hum ta ta music Laughing look at www.renesenn.de there are some celtic tunes on this page, easy to play on guitar (sorry just in german) marry christmas to all
alfonso

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hanni,
Thank you for sharing, I like the links especially the second one they didn't have real samples but they did have some good midi tracks, jazz, blues and Brizilian, Bossa Nova all in midi format but that's fine that way I can use my imagination there are also some charts on that site so there's some good ideas to use or go over as well. thank you and peace out.

hanni wrote:
hi alfonso and all, itīs old celtic music www.corvuscorax.de with celtic instruments, no jazz, old europeen traditional music, playing in england, north germany and bretagne (france) itīs hard to translate this, i think you know what venus vina musica means, the lyrics are an old celtic answer and political protest again conservative politic and people, Laughing now i must laugh, we donīt have only sauerkraut and hum ta ta music Laughing look at www.renesenn.de there are some celtic tunes on this page, easy to play on guitar (sorry just in german) marry christmas to all
dewey decibel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Alot of good info. no doubt but a bit of mis-information as well, I am way more than tolerant. My main point was I didn't like homosexuals who flaunt their sexuality, (flamin'), regarding marriage for gays I agree let's let them have the same rights as married couples as far as medical insurance and the other benefits that married couples have but you're right we can't call it marriage cause that's not what it is. Let's call it fairage, that way everyone is happy and it even sounds fair.

Like I said, that's why I give you credit. You're willing to accept people, or at least accept them enough to let them do what they do.

Quote:
As far as me listening to Rush Limbaugh if you read one of my post I said I listened to him like between 1990 to 1992. My point is I listened to him, so what you gonna do about it? You don't know me at all so please don't offend me cause I listened to Rush for a couple years, that doesn't mean shit, I found it amusing, just like alot of other people around that time period.

Don't worry about it, my statement was actually more directed at Igiro, as a lot of the things he's said sound straight out of Rush's book. I've even listened to his show a bit, I check out everything.

Quote:
As a straight individual, I've sometimes wondered if straights aren't also flaunting their sexuality by adhering strictly to the "standard" gender based roles defined by society.

How is it the "tough guy" in cowboy boots, always ready to fight "to defend his honor," (and to make certain nobody thinks he is "queer") and the "ultra feminine" young woman flirting in a short skirt and high heels...any different than the "butch" woman or the "flaming queen?"

Deep down we're all still animals, and men are supposed to masculine. So a man the is slightly effiminate is seen as being weak. And some men feel threatened by a strong woman. I understand why people have a gut reaction to these things- for a lot of people it seems very unnatural. To me it's in the same boat as rascism- if you end up in a situation where you meet members from tehse different groups and get to know them well enough, then you can start to see the person instead of the stereotype. Again- Peace! -it's just unfortunate that even deep down some people are still truely ugly...

Hanni- I checked out this link: www.corvuscorax.de -there's some pretty heavy sounding stuff on there!
hanni

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, i think celtic is the right political music protest answer to g.bxyx and those people,..... i sing gospel and jazz in church and they told me celtic is bad behavior Laughing iīm just learning to play jazz on my guitar, but it needs time i know i have to learn better english to understand jazzmusic......donīt laugh i read harry potter books to learn english Laughing
alfonso

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deweydecibel,
I never thought about it but I could see why you put down that you feel like an attitude of indifference or intolerence equals racism it's a good way to look at it and I agree it does leave a deep down ugliness in people as I've seen it come out. The bottom line is how the hell do we change this, I think persons that still live with this ugliness are like children and children live by example. So if we look at it from that context then if all of us do the right thing and live by the Golden Rule, then hopefully the rest of the world will follow. It might just be wishful thinking but that's all I have for right now. I have a nephew who is gay, I just met him 2 years ago as he was raised in Oregon. Unfortunately due to a broken home he was raised by his Uncle, his Uncle is no relation to me but when Daniel (the gay boy) became 18 his Uncle found a reason to kick his ass out of the house. Now this kid is very small and feminine so when I first saw him I knew he was gay, he didn't try to hide it and couldn't if he tried. His Uncle is no relation to me but the whole situation really pissed me off as Daniel didn't even get to finish High School, he was just like two months from graduation. Now this is ugliness in it's highest form as that SOB Uncle had raised him since he was like 2 years old. Cold!! Some people are just freezing Cold!! peace out

dewey decibel wrote:

Deep down we're all still animals, and men are supposed to masculine. So a man the is slightly effiminate is seen as being weak. And some men feel threatened by a strong woman. I understand why people have a gut reaction to these things- for a lot of people it seems very unnatural. To me it's in the same boat as rascism- if you end up in a situation where you meet members from tehse different groups and get to know them well enough, then you can start to see the person instead of the stereotype. Again- Peace! -it's just unfortunate that even deep down some people are still truely ugly...

Hanni- I checked out this link: www.corvuscorax.de -there's some pretty heavy sounding stuff on there!
alfonso

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hanni,
Hey I think that's a great idea on how to learn English, I've never read the books but my wife has and I know a couple of them are really fat books, like 600 hundred pages worth. I have watched most of the movies cause I have a young Son. Anyways a friend of mine who is a jazz singer teaches students to learn to speak Spanish through singing Mexican songs. Well it seems like Harry Potter is working for you so keep up the good work. Laughing later

hanni wrote:
hi, i think celtic is the right political music protest answer to g.bxyx and those people,..... i sing gospel and jazz in church and they told me celtic is bad behavior Laughing iīm just learning to play jazz on my guitar, but it needs time i know i have to learn better english to understand jazzmusic......donīt laugh i read harry potter books to learn english Laughing
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanni wrote:
donīt laugh i read harry potter books to learn english Laughing

That's a great idea! Thumbs Up!

Forums Admin for PlayJazzGuitar.com.

Do you know where all of your F'n B flats are?
hanni

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the persons in harry potter books are interesting, you can compare them with the war and politic in the middle east, maybe -you know who- ends like saddam hussein, whatīs about the president? the same? is the new one a vampir? the books are much better like the film, the music in the film is great, there is one very very good actor, i donīt know the name, he plays snape the death eater and bad spy, to all soldiers: keep care at this times in middle east Laughing
hanni

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry..... song study to learn another language donīt works realy, i did that at first, it was no help, i have to sing in 5 languages in church but i donīt speak them, the concentration is just on the notation, and the sound of the language
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snape - Alan Ricman Wink

alfonso

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hanni,
Very good point and you're learning from reading so go with what works for you. later

hanni wrote:
sorry..... song study to learn another language donīt works realy, i did that at first, it was no help, i have to sing in 5 languages in church but i donīt speak them, the concentration is just on the notation, and the sound of the language
nezumi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

back to the subject of guns...

As we've all discussed, the use of guns and the culture surrounding guns in the USA is not embraced by other countries; not in Canada.

That being said and before Igiro gets his hackles up, i'd like to mention the fun our family has had with NERF guns this holiday.
My brother bought my 3 boys Nerf guns; one was a 6 shooter with suction cup tipped rounds, another was a single shooter w/velcro-tipped bullets and the third was a pump-action 'ballistic' ball shooter, that held 4 balls in it's chamber.
Everbody had loads of fun running around shooting everybody. I do mean everybody. Even my Mom got into to it.
We should have had 10 Nerf guns, we had so much fun. Hiding around corners, under stairwells, in bathrooms, under tables. Later the kids took them outside and ran around the house, hiding behind trees and bushes, etc.
The laughter that poured out made me think of this thread.

Of course the guns were toys and no one got hurt, even when Sam got hit in the privates with a ballistic ball.

I am against guns, but I am all for fun. And these Nerf guns are 10/10 on the scale of fun.

Hurray for (Nerf) guns!
hanni

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this game is harmless,
where we was 12 years old we bomb flowerbeds and wasteboxes in the air, we made it with chemicals from a drugstore and a glassbottle it was easy but not harmless, later i learn to use a gun in a gunclub to do competitions, iīm grown up in a city and it was not easy to change live and stay in a small village between farmers, working between vegetables in the own garden, driving with my car to work in the city, now i donīt want to go back ín the city, i like to be here Laughing between hunters and farmers Laughing
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nezumi wrote:

Of course the guns were toys and no one got hurt, even when Sam got hit in the privates with a ballistic ball.

Hurray for (Nerf) guns!

Laughin my arse off At least he didn't shoot his eye out! Laughin my arse off

hanni

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are special plexiglasses to keep the eys (like in a gunclub) i hope the kids use it Laughin my arse off
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: