PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Political Views (remember hate never solves anything)...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alfonso

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nezumi,
Yes my Son has one of those Nerf shooters, this year we got him one with a target to shoot at as my Son is a little prankster of types and he thought it was really funny to shoot Grandma on her bum. Sure it don't hurt but it's just not cool to shoot Grandma on her butt, run off laughing. Those Nerf toys are really cool in that you can't really hurt or get hurt with them. Regarding real guns and how easy they are to get them it has gotten to be ridiculous, any criminal or gang member and there's alot right here in Sacramento they all seem to be packing. Why? Fear of other gangs and stupid mistakes they've made in the past. Within my own family I have two nephews who have made mistakes with guns and now they're serving large prison sentences. It's a damn shame, the first nephew got in trouble by taking someones life he was only 16 when this happened. He was sentenced as an adult to 30 years, in reality he may never get out cause he's still playing that gang shit. My other nephew is like 30 or 33, his Mom has saved his ass so many times and spent thousands of dollars trying to keep him out of prison. She couldn't do it so now he's facing 10 additional years for suspended sentences that he had already received. On top of the 3 years he was just sentecnced to for strong-arming an innocent person and stealing his car, he hi-jacked a car then led the cops on a high speed car chase, dumb shit. His parents who is my sister and her husband are very nice people and still have one good kid left, but what are these kids thinking about? Gang banging, I wasn't in a gang when I was a kid sure everyone knew we were from the hood of Franklin, now called Franklon but we fought with fists and that was very seldom. Sometimes we fought quite a bit but nobody ever brought out a gun. That's insane and we fought or we would of got our asses kicked. I don't know but things sure have changed, any solutions would be helpful. We might come up with a great idea or solution for a good piece of Legislation. Gun control, currently it's not working. peace

nezumi wrote:
back to the subject of guns...

As we've all discussed, the use of guns and the culture surrounding guns in the USA is not embraced by other countries; not in Canada.

That being said and before Igiro gets his hackles up, i'd like to mention the fun our family has had with NERF guns this holiday.
My brother bought my 3 boys Nerf guns; one was a 6 shooter with suction cup tipped rounds, another was a single shooter w/velcro-tipped bullets and the third was a pump-action 'ballistic' ball shooter, that held 4 balls in it's chamber.
Everbody had loads of fun running around shooting everybody. I do mean everybody. Even my Mom got into to it.
We should have had 10 Nerf guns, we had so much fun. Hiding around corners, under stairwells, in bathrooms, under tables. Later the kids took them outside and ran around the house, hiding behind trees and bushes, etc.
The laughter that poured out made me think of this thread.

Of course the guns were toys and no one got hurt, even when Sam got hit in the privates with a ballistic ball.

I am against guns, but I am all for fun. And these Nerf guns are 10/10 on the scale of fun.

Hurray for (Nerf) guns!
hanni

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alfonso,

in the most familys there is something that isnīt ok, drugs, prison, guns.........., also many good musicans have problems with drugs (to much pressure in musicbusiness), we all can make it better, say no to guns and donīt let press you out like a musicslave (some big producers like to to this), PEACE
dewey decibel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real question is:

....why isn't everything made out of nerf? Rolling Eyes Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: