PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum
Jazz Guitar Discussion

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

rap genius

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ed norton

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: rap genius Reply with quote

it's natalie portman, the new Eminem. If you are jewish this could be offensive, i warning You because I don't want to be responsible for offending anyone. It was written by Jewish people so it reminds me of The seinfeld episode where the dentist converts to Judaism, just so he can tell the jokes. This is funny, but i needed to add a disclaimer. Natalie is so Cute in this, too bad she is a democrat. http://www.nbc.com/Video/videos/snl_1439_natalieraps.shtml
JakeJew

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: rap genius Reply with quote

ed norton wrote:
it's natalie portman, the new Eminem. If you are jewish this could be offensive, i warning You because I don't want to be responsible for offending anyone. It was written by Jewish people so it reminds me of The seinfeld episode where the dentist converts to Judaism, just so he can tell the jokes. This is funny, but i needed to add a disclaimer. Natalie is so Cute in this, too bad she is a democrat. http://www.nbc.com/Video/videos/snl_1439_natalieraps.shtml

i've seen that before, it's **** awesome
alfonso

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed,
That's really a good one I had never seen it before, I'm not sure what her being a democrat has to do with it but I'm sure you have ideas on that statement. thanks for a good chuckle also I guess she's jew?, I don't know what that matters, I'm only racist against assholes, ethnic orgin plays no part in it. In serious thought though I could see some uppity jewish people thinking it was inappropriate for a young jewish girl to be carrying on like a typical street person. peace out.
ed norton

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I thought it was hilarious. she campaigned for kerry just like all the rich hollywood people. I didn't care for Kerry, and especially found His wife to be obnoxious. My predjiduce is with the rich and the elite. I also scourn intellectual snobbery, but i'm guilty of plenty myself.The Jazz world has allot of intellectual snobs. It's funny, since the music came from The Blues tradition. I mean listen to Parker, Oh man He had so much blues in His playing. But I guess that is a seperate thread. Wes too, and Trane, Satchmo. Peter Bernstein is my favorite Jazz guitarist, He's got the blues. Love Rosenwinkel too, but ,oh well shut Up Ed.
Gorecki
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're fine ed! Topic is relative. Especially the intellectual snobbery part (cool term btw). Exactly how many of the total of jazz greats of the past came from money or have/had a college degree? My guess is very few. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PlayJazzGuitar.com Forum Index -> Hangout, Chat & Get to Know All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: